We’re so happy to share that the Portal A team took home trophies in 2 of the 4 categories at the Streamy Brand Awards!
For eight years, the Streamy Awards have been widely recognized as the leading awards ceremony in the world of digital entertainment. The inaugural Streamy Brand Awards at the NewFronts honors brand content and creativity specifically.
To kick the night off, New Year, New Me won Best Influence Campaign. A huge thank you to Rudy Mancuso, Stephen Curry, and the amazing teams at Brita and Google.
Making it twice as nice, our Upside Down Challenge with Hannah Hart won Best Branded Video. Thank you to the teams at Glad and Google for bringing this one to life!
PORTAL A is an award-winning digital studio that creates Branded and Original entertainment for a new generation.
Independently owned with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, Portal A works with top global brands and develops original programming for digital and linear networks.
Portal A’s work has been seen over 1 billion times, and was recently named Content Agency of the Year by Digiday and Content Studio of the year by Cynopsis.
Our team is looking to hire a Communications Director based in our San Francisco office, working closely with our Los Angeles team as well.
• Develop and execute an annual communications strategy including press opportunities, editorial calendar, awards plan, bylines, industry events, budget, and company messaging
• Create and lead tailored press strategies for branded projects and original series that span across a variety of verticals; coordinate interviews with talent and executives and organize on-set press opportunities during series production
• Secure media placement (trade, b2b, consumer, entertainment) and publicity efforts for the company’s initiatives and executive team
• Craft key press materials including press releases, team bios, program information, pitches, etc.
• Boost Portal A’s industry presence via bylines, awards, speaking opportunities, editorial profiles, and more
• Work closely with the executive team, executive producers, project managers, and talent on project launches and ongoing efforts
• Build and maintain relationships with a network of press and event/conference coordinators
• Manage the development of social media content for Portal A’s accounts
• Assist with updating the website press page; craft content for the company blog and newsletter
• Must have 5+ years experience in communications/PR and must hold B.A. or B.S.
• Experience working with a PR agency is a plus
• Candidate must have strong contacts and relationships with print, digital and electronic media on a national and regional basis
• Detail-oriented, must possess a very strong work ethic and be self-motivated
• Ability to multi-task and think quick on his/her feet
• Essential that this person must know how to follow through/follow-up on all given projects in a timely manner
• Remain organized and accomplish given assignments on or before deadlines
• Must have excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate clearly
• A love of culture and deep understanding of social and digital platforms with strong print and online contacts at youth-targeted media outlets (18-34) including digital-only outlets, monthly publications, daily newspapers, and electronic media including key trade-business and industry press
• Must be very resourceful, flexible and adaptable with excellent interpersonal and phone skills
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• Our team structure is flat and non-hierarchical, with opportunities to grow into leadership and contribute at various layers of the process
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage and commuter benefits
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies, including multiple WFH days a month
• A casual work environment
• The chance to be at the forefront of one of the most dynamic, complex creative and strategic industries – original and commercial online video
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices
• Reimbursed cell phone expenses
Email email@example.com with your resume, references, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us. Please include “COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.
We’re so unbelievably proud to announce our first ever Vice President, Emma White!
Read about the announcement in Adweek.
We’re thrilled to announce State of Pride, a new feature-length documentary set to debut on YouTube Premium in 2019.
Developed and produced by Portal A, directed by Oscar-winning filmmakers Rob Epstein & Jeffrey Friedman, and featuring prominent LGBTQ+ activist Raymond Braun, State of Pride takes an unflinching look at the diverse expression of Pride 50 years after Stonewall.
This project has been years in the making, and perfectly reflects our mission to create breakthrough branded and original entertainment for a new generation of viewers.
We’re seeking bright, talented individuals to join our teams in SF and LA. If you love the Internet as much as we do, take a peek below and say hello! 👋
- Producer: https://www.portal-a.com/hiring-producer/
- Project Manager: https://www.portal-a.com/hiring-pm/
- Talent Coordinator: https://www.portal-a.com/hiring-tc/
- Creative Lead: https://www.portal-a.com/hiring-creative/
- Editor: https://www.portal-a.com/hiring-editor/