Portal A is an award-winning digital studio that creates branded and original entertainment for a new generation.
Independently owned with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, Portal A partners with top global brands and develops original programming for streaming networks.
Our team is looking to hire a Project Manager based in our San Francisco office to oversee multiple clients and projects simultaneously.
• Manage day-to-day communication, project and account management with a diverse set of clients
• Manage complex projects start-to-finish, from initial creative development through production, post-production & launch
• Facilitate flow of information between external partners and Portal A’s internal team of producers, creatives, and strategists to ensure the right people get the right information on time
• Manage project timelines and ensure timely approvals and feedback from external partners
• Collaborate with the team to make sure each project is tailored to the brand and brief
• Work hand-in-hand with Portal A’s leadership team on internal processes surrounding client and project management
• 3-5 years of direct client management experience in a creative environment
• Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate complex ideas in clear, concise language
• Detail-oriented to the extreme
• Experience in all aspects of creative development and production
• Able to multi-task and manage a variety of projects at once
• Active and experienced in digital media, personally and/or professionally
• Strong team building, collaborative, and interpersonal skills
• Strong ability to establish priorities and make time-sensitive decisions
• Willingness to work on a collaborative team in a startup environment
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• Our team structure is flat and non-hierarchical, with opportunities to grow into leadership and contribute at various layers of the process
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage, gym and phone reimbursements, commuter benefits, and much more
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies, including multiple team-wide WFH days a month.
• The chance to be at the forefront of one of the most dynamic, complex creative and strategic industries – original and commercial online video
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end and volunteer opportunities throughout the year
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• Fresh Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel budget between our LA and SF offices
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, references, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us. Please include “PROJECT MANAGER” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.