Portal A is an award-winning digital studio that develops, produces, and distributes video built for the digital age.
We partner with the world’s leading brands – Google, YouTube, Universal Pictures, Lenovo, Banana Republic, NBCUniversal, and more – and create original, owned digital entertainment properties. Portal A is independent with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Our team is looking to hire an Operations Manager to manage the day-to-day culture, schedule, and logistics for our Los Angeles office.
• Manage the team wide calendar keeping it updated and relevant for all team events (out of office, travel)
• Ensure office snacks and kitchen supplies are always stocked and plentiful
• Order office supplies as necessary and ensure everyone is comfortable with his/her workstation
• Manage all office vendor relationships and act as a point person for all communications and coordination
• Manage all scheduling, logistics and coordination for Portal A’s downtown LA loft space
• Ensure office aesthetic is always clean and professional in appearance and function – including common areas, conference rooms, supply/storage, kitchen/bathrooms.
• General reception and hospitality responsibilities
• IT Asset and equipment management, storage & tracking for the LA office
• Brainstorms creatively with SF counterpart to add the element of “fun” to Portal A’s culture
• Assist with executing all Portal A culture initiatives (Friday lunches, birthdays, fun days, employee schwag, employee & client gifts, etc)
• Operate as a support system for the overall team and as a culture ambassador for Portal A
• Owns New hire logistics, i.e., desk & schwag set up, employee handbook overview, office tour, etc.
• Freelance onboarding + offboarding
• Manage and maintain all contractor documents in a confidential, organized manner
• Assist Head of Business Ops in benefits open enrollment logistics as needed
• Assist with invoice reconciliation, tracking and reporting of operational expenses and professional services (Overhead, Legal, Bookkeeping, Printing & Shipping, etc)
• Prepare CC statements for reconciliation and assist with monthly office expense tracking and reporting
• Assist the Head of Business Ops with implementing new processes to improve efficiencies
• Executive management support (scheduling and booking travel)
• Ad hoc requests as they arise
• 2-4 years office management/business operations experience
• Hospitality experience a plus
• Detail-oriented to the extreme
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Able to leverage resources and creatively problem solve
• Able to multi-task and manage a variety of projects at once
• Strong team building, collaborative, and interpersonal skills
• Strong background in hospitality and customer service
• Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate in clear, concise language
• Strong ability to establish priorities and make time-sensitive decisions
• Willingness to work on a collaborative team in a startup environment
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• Our team structure is flat and non-hierarchical, with opportunities to grow into leadership and contribute at various layers of the process
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage and commuter benefits
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies, including multiple WFH days a month
• A casual work environment
• The chance to be at the forefront of one of the most dynamic, complex creative and strategic industries – original and commercial online video
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices
• Reimbursed cell phone expenses
How to apply
Email email@example.com with your resume, references, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us. Please include “OPERATIONS MANAGER LA” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.