Portal A is an award-winning digital content studio that creates branded and original entertainment for a new generation.
Independently owned with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, Portal A partners with top global brands and develops original programming for streaming networks.
Our team is looking to add a full-time Producer to lead exciting, diverse projects and oversee the production process on a number of projects simultaneously.
• Nuts and bolts line producing including hiring all crew, booking all vendors, scouting locations, permitting, arranging catering, etc.
• Building, managing, and actualizing production budgets.
• Managing crew timecards, invoices, deal memos, production credit cards, petty cash, cash advances, etc.
• Hiring and managing production teams (production managers, production coordinators, production assistants)
• Keeping the production team on task and making sure we’re hitting deadlines
• Working directly with the Director to put together script breakdowns, shot-lists, and storyboards
• Post producing, including hiring post-production crew (editors, sound engineers, colorists, etc.) and managing post-production process
• Working directly with Portal A’s team of Project Managers, Talent Producers, Creatives, Strategists, and Designers to meet and exceed project expectations and deliverables
• Frequent reporting to the Supervising Producer and Head of Production, with checks to make sure the execution is high quality, on time, and under budget
• 5-7 years of experience as a producer, with distinct experience in nuts and bolts line producing
• Experience producing projects with a wide range of budgets
• Detail-oriented to the extreme
• Able to multi-task and manage a variety of projects and clients at once
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication style, with strong writing skills
• Experience in communicating high level and nuanced production matters to a range of stakeholders
• Willingness to work long hours and weekends when necessary
• A network of freelancers — cinematographers, production designers, editors, etc. — in place is a plus
• Familiarity with various production budgeting softwares
• Experience in post producing including hiring and managing editors, sound engineers and colorists
• General knowledge of post production workflow
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• Our team structure is flat and non-hierarchical, with opportunities to grow into leadership and contribute at various layers of the process
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage and commuter benefits
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies, including multiple WFH days a month.
• A casual work environment
• The chance to be at the forefront of one of the most dynamic, complex creative and strategic industries – original and commercial online video
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices
• Reimbursed cell phone and wellness expenses
How to apply
Email email@example.com with your resume, references, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us. Please include “PRODUCER” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.