NOW HIRING: Director of Project Management
PORTAL A is an award-winning content agency working with the most influential talent, brands, and platforms in the world.
Independently owned with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, Portal A works with top global brands and develops original programming for digital and linear networks. Portal A’s work has been seen over 2 billion times, and the agency was recently named Content Agency of the Year AND Video Agency of the Year by Digiday.
Our team is looking for a full-time Director of Project Management to join the team in our SF office. The right candidate is ambitious, collaborative, and a maker at heart.
Duties & Responsibilities
Your primary responsibility is to lead the project management team, work cross-functionally with the leadership team, and manage relationships with external client partners. Important responsibilities include:
• Managing Portal A’s most complex projects from start-to-finish, from creative development through production, post-production, and launch.
• Maintaining a firm grasp on the status of all projects.
• Finding opportunities to add value for our partners to projects.
• Overseeing communications between external partners and
• Portal A’s internal team of producers, creatives, and strategists to ensure the right people get the right information.
• Overseeing project schedules and ensuring timely approvals and feedback from external partners.
• Collaborating with department leaders, to set priorities and problem-solve.
• Leading the Project Management team to make sure project execution is tailored to the brand and brief.
• Guide and mentor the team of Project Managers, overseeing their work and their professional goals.
• Think big, take risks and push boundaries because you understand that this will lead to great work.
Experience & Capabilities
The right individual will have 7+ years experience managing content programs and teams across a variety of situations, as well as:
• Innate organizational and project management skills
• Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate complex ideas in clear, concise language
• Ability to lead and mentor the project team
• Ability to take ownership of projects and solve issues ahead of schedule, keeping the momentum of the work and positive team dynamics in high pressure situations
• Ability to balance the big picture with day-to-day project delivery detail, connecting client needs and internal resources, prioritizing balance for yourself and the team
• Ability to articulate and be assertive in presenting work and facilitating meetings alongside others
• Passion to uphold the quality of our work at all phases of a project
• Active and experienced in internet culture and digital entertainment, personally and/or professionally
• Open to new and different ways of working, rather than sticking to habit or comfortable processes (this is not the right job for a box ticker!)
• A team-player, open and receptive to the contributions of those around them and a healthy respect for experience of more senior team members
• Challenging the status quo, looking for new ways to push work forward in line with the brief and to positively challenge the client
• Making active contributions to the deeper strategic and creative conversations, strongly influencing process as well as content
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• The chance to be at the forefront of one of the most dynamic, complex creative and strategic industries – original and commercial online video
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage and commuter benefits
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices
• Reimbursed cell phone and health & wellness expenses
How to apply
Email email@example.com with your resume, references, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us. Please include “DIRECTOR OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.