NOW HIRING: Creative/Copywriter (LA)
Portal A is an award-winning digital studio that creates Branded and Original entertainment for a new generation.
Independently owned with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, Portal A works with top global brands and develops original programming for streaming networks.
Our team is looking to temporarily bring on a talented Creative to our Los Angeles office, with the opportunity to grow into a long term role with the right fit.
• Write strong, enticing copy for creative concepts, decks, and other production and marketing assets.
• Assist in the development of concepts, scripts, pitches, client presentations, storyboards, treatments, decks, and other key creative materials
• Attend brainstorms and generate concepts for branded and original videos
• Writing scripts and treatments for videos and series in a wide variety of styles – from sketch comedy and music video to animated tutorial and documentary
Skills & Qualifications
• At least 5-7 years experience writing copy or persuasive materials. Background and basic understanding of video production is strongly preferred
• Experience developing video concepts and video scripts
• Understanding of the digital media landscape, especially the YouTube ecosystem, YouTube content, and top YouTube creators
• A versatile voice and writing style that can translate to a variety of formats and tones.
• Can multi-task and manage a variety of projects and clients at once
• Desire to grow professionally and a willingness to work in an open, youthful, startup environment
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• Our team structure is flat and non-hierarchical, with opportunities to grow into leadership and contribute at various layers of the process
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage and commuter benefits
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies, including multiple WFH days a month.
• A casual work environment
• The chance to be at the forefront of one of the most dynamic, complex creative and strategic industries – original and commercial online video
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices
• Reimbursed cell phone expenses
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with your resume, references, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us. Please include “CREATIVE/COPYWRITER” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.