NOW HIRING: Associate Producer (SF)
Portal A is an award-winning digital studio that creates Branded and Original entertainment for a new generation.
We partner with the world’s leading brands – Google, YouTube, Clorox, Universal Pictures, Lenovo, Warner Bros., Amazon, and more – and develop original series for linear and streaming platforms. Portal A is independent with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Our team is looking to hire an Associate Producer based in our San Francisco office to manage various components of our production process and work on multiple projects at once.
• On-set associate producing
• Hiring and managing production coordinators and production assistants
• Organizing all production assistant gear pickups and returns
• Organizing production vendor quotes (g/e gear, trucks, walkies, etc.)
• Working directly with the Producer to put all shooting crew on hold
• Putting together catering and crafty plans for shoots
• Booking and managing talent and crew travel
• Scouting locations and organizing tech scouts
• Booking locations, permits, and insurance
• Booking and monitoring all shoot gear
• Completing and distributing the call sheet and shooting map
• Wrapping shoots including following up with all crew for invoices and receipts
• Assisting the Producer in communicating to crew, locations, and vendors
• Supporting Producer and Post-Supervisor during the edit by booking editors, colorists, VO artists, etc.
• Creating and organizing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations for projects and the production team
• Maintaining and improving internal production systems, including gear maintenance
• Working hand-in-hand with Producer and Supervising Producer to ensure a finished product that is high quality, on time, and under budget
• 2-3 years of video production experience (both in the office and on set)
• Detail-oriented to the extreme
• Able to multi-task and work on several projects at once
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Willingness to work long hours in a startup environment
• Experiencing managing post-production timelines is a plus
• A network of freelancers or vendors — production assistants, production supply houses, etc. — in place is a plus
• Familiarity with production equipment and editing/finishing software is a plus
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• Our team structure is flat and non-hierarchical, with opportunities to grow into leadership and contribute at various layers of the process
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage and commuter benefits
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies, including multiple WFH days a month.
• A casual work environment
• The chance to be at the forefront of one of the most dynamic, complex creative and strategic industries – original and commercial online video
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices
• Reimbursed cell phone expenses
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, work samples, references, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us. Please include “ASSOCIATE PRODUCER” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.