NOW HIRING: Communications Director
PORTAL A is an award-winning digital studio that creates Branded and Original entertainment for a new generation.
Independently owned with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, Portal A works with top global brands and develops original programming for digital and linear networks.
Portal A’s work has been seen over 1 billion times, and was recently named Content Agency of the Year by Digiday and Content Studio of the year by Cynopsis.
Our team is looking to hire a Communications Director based in our San Francisco office, working closely with our Los Angeles team as well.
• Develop and execute an annual communications strategy including press opportunities, editorial calendar, awards plan, bylines, industry events, budget, and company messaging
• Create and lead tailored press strategies for branded projects and original series that span across a variety of verticals; coordinate interviews with talent and executives and organize on-set press opportunities during series production
• Secure media placement (trade, b2b, consumer, entertainment) and publicity efforts for the company’s initiatives and executive team
• Craft key press materials including press releases, team bios, program information, pitches, etc.
• Boost Portal A’s industry presence via bylines, awards, speaking opportunities, editorial profiles, and more
• Work closely with the executive team, executive producers, project managers, and talent on project launches and ongoing efforts
• Build and maintain relationships with a network of press and event/conference coordinators
• Manage the development of social media content for Portal A’s accounts
• Assist with updating the website press page; craft content for the company blog and newsletter
• Must have 5+ years experience in communications/PR and must hold B.A. or B.S.
• Experience working with a PR agency is a plus
• Candidate must have strong contacts and relationships with print, digital and electronic media on a national and regional basis
• Detail-oriented, must possess a very strong work ethic and be self-motivated
• Ability to multi-task and think quick on his/her feet
• Essential that this person must know how to follow through/follow-up on all given projects in a timely manner
• Remain organized and accomplish given assignments on or before deadlines
• Must have excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate clearly
• A love of culture and deep understanding of social and digital platforms with strong print and online contacts at youth-targeted media outlets (18-34) including digital-only outlets, monthly publications, daily newspapers, and electronic media including key trade-business and industry press
• Must be very resourceful, flexible and adaptable with excellent interpersonal and phone skills
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• Our team structure is flat and non-hierarchical, with opportunities to grow into leadership and contribute at various layers of the process
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage and commuter benefits
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies, including multiple WFH days a month
• A casual work environment
• The chance to be at the forefront of one of the most dynamic, complex creative and strategic industries – original and commercial online video
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices
• Reimbursed cell phone expenses
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, references, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us. Please include “COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.