NOW HIRING: Creative Lead (Los Angeles)
Portal A is an award-winning digital studio that develops, produces, and distributes video built for the digital age. We are independent with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
At Portal A, we produce breakthrough entertainment with the best talent on the internet for the biggest brands in the world – YouTube, Google, Lenovo, Amazon, Clorox, and more. Our in-house team of creatives, strategists, talent experts, producers, editors, and more push each other to produce our best work with each new project. We take on huge challenges, create without fear, and learn new things constantly.
We are looking for a full-time Creative Lead to join our kickass team in our downtown Los Angeles office. The right candidate is creative, versatile, curious, and eager to work on the cutting edge of branded content.
• Wordsmithing. Demonstrate your mastery of mechanics, interpret creative direction, and adapt points from briefs into persuasive copy that’s stylish and smart. This includes everything from pitch decks, show bibles, creative treatments, on-screen graphics, social copy, and more.
• Versatility. Adapt your writing voice to suit the task at hand. We work with a huge array of talent and create videos that range from humorous to heart-pumping to informative. Copy should reflect this.
• Swiftness. Write with precision and speed when we’re up against a deadline.
• Ingenuity. Bring creativity to your copywriting, but also to all aspects of your day-to-day. Attend brainstorms, share ideas, and work with the creative team to develop video concepts.
• Alacrity. Be a team player, ready to fill in wherever needed on any step of the creative process. Take the opportunity to help out peers with writing whenever it arises.
• Commitment. Hold yourself and your work to standard of excellence. Possess an attention to detail and drive to succeed.
• You have 1-3 years experience. You’ve cut your teeth on branded/agency work and feel comfortable writing client-facing copy in a range of formats.
• Your toolbox is well-appointed. You’re a master of your craft and easily switch between different tones and styles when your various projects call for it. You write with intention, clarity, and style.
• Creativity is in your DNA. From word choice to syntax to the ideas you throw out in a brainstorm, you’re always finding ways to infuse to infuse unexpected imagination into your work.
• You’re excited to work with world-class brands. Some of the most fascinating creative work in the last century has come from the world of advertising. You have a respect for the field and a desire to innovate for our client partners.
• You know your way around the internet. Your understanding of the digital ecosystem, content formats, platforms, and key players informs your work and keeps it fresh.
• You’re never finished learning new things. You’re ready to dive in, make the most of your talent, and be challenged. You’re motivated to explore all aspects of the creative process.
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• Our team structure is flat and non-hierarchical, with opportunities to grow into leadership and contribute at various layers of the process
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage and commuter benefits
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies, including multiple WFH days a month
• A casual work environment
• The chance to be at the forefront of one of the most dynamic, complex creative and strategic industries – original and commercial online video
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices
• Reimbursed cell phone expenses
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
• Your resume. Duh.
• Samples of work. At least 3, please. Writing samples should be work you’ve done for clients in the past, not spec scripts or short stories. Show us what you got.
• Cover Letter. Tell us why you think you’re a fit for the role and how you heard about the position. Creativity encouraged.
• Links. Show us what you think is cool on the internet. Could be your favorite YouTube video of all time, a piece of branded content that surprised you, an Instagram account you can’t get enough of, or the best article you read last year.
Please include “CREATIVE LEAD” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.