NOW HIRING: Designer (SF)
Portal A is an award-winning digital studio that creates branded and original entertainment for a new generation. Independently owned with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, Portal A works with top global brands and develops original programming for digital and linear networks.
Our team is looking to hire a Designer to work closely with our Design and Creative teams on a variety of projects.
• Assist Design team in partnering with creative, production, and strategy teams to execute and bring a creative vision to life through design
• Conceptualize and design a wide variety of presentations, decks, creative pitches, show and project branding, etc.
• Conceptualize and design campaign-specific materials – custom YouTube channels, thumbnails, social media imagery, GIFs, logos, posters, etc
• Design graphics, logos, backgrounds, titles, and misc. design elements to be animated for use throughout specific video projects
• Source and collaborate with concept artists, photographers, illustrators, and other creative partners to bring a creative vision to life
• Support website design and development
• Update and organize internal templates and style guidelines for various production, creative, and company documents
Skills & Qualifications
• 2-4 years of design experience
• An understanding of (and passion for) design, composition, and typography
• Advanced proficiency in programs like Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Illustrator, and Sketch
• Motion graphics experience highly valued but not required
• Fluency with all Google Suite applications
• The ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work on a variety of dynamic projects at once
• Experience creating content for digital channels like YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook
• A passion for video and entertainment
• A desire to work on a collaborative team in a startup environment
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• Our team structure is flat and non-hierarchical, with opportunities to grow into leadership and contribute at various layers of the process
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage, commuter benefits, and gym reimbursements
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies, including multiple WFH days a month.
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices
• Reimbursed gym and cell phone expenses
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with your résumé, portfolio, references, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us. Please include “DESIGNER” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.