NOW HIRING: Freelance Producer-Director-Editor
Portal A is an award-winning digital studio that creates Branded and Original entertainment for a new generation. Based in Los Angeles and San Francisco, we partner with the world’s most exciting celebrities to launch their YouTube channel and produce content with them that reaches millions. Current clients include Stephen Curry, Odell Beckham Jr., Martha Hunt, Carmelo Anthony, Adam Rippon, and more.
Our team is looking for a multi-talented creative to produce, direct, and edit content for our soon-to-be-announced A-list celebrity YouTube channel, premiering early this year.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about the YouTube and understands the type of content that resonates with his audience; is a creative self-starter; has an understanding of production and thrives working both in small crews and single-handed; has experience taking projects from start to finish. Most importantly, we want someone who we can trust and is ready for an adventure.
• Brainstorm, research, and pitch new videos for the YouTube channel, along with our team
• Producing, directing & editing original content for this celebrity YouTube channel
• Capture video and audio on set, and download all content
• Edit hero videos, as well as social cuts for main YouTube channel, and associate social media accounts
• Must have a deep-rooted knowledge & passion for internet culture, movies, with particular interest in action and sports
• Self-starter with a positive attitude and problem-solving skills
• Proficient across YouTube, and social media platforms,
• Must have strong creative instincts
• Strong shooter/DP
• Must be a fast Adobe Premiere editor
• The ideal candidate understands the nuances of creating content specifically for YouTube
• Must work well in a team environment and be receptive to feedback
• A network of other freelancers, should help be necessary
• Owning their own camera and audio equipment a plus
Required Application Materials
• Cover Letter which should explain why you’re a strong candidate for this position
• Work Samples/Portfolio
• This is an ongoing freelance position, we need someone with a flexible schedule, who should expect 3-5 days/month to start
• Salary is DOE
• Work should start in February, and be ongoing if hire is a good fit
• Some travel is expected
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and please include “Celebrity YouTube Channel” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.