NOW HIRING: Head of Business Development
Portal A is an award-winning digital studio that creates branded and original entertainment for a new generation.
We partner with top global brands and develop and produce original content for streaming platforms. Portal A is independently owned with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Our team is looking to hire a Head of Business Development to oversee sales, marketing, and business development efforts for the company.
• Work directly with company principals and leadership team to develop and execute an aggressive plan for growth for Portal A – across all new business, marketing, and sales activities.
• Build relationships and connect Portal A to potential brand, platform, network, and agency partners. Maintain a book of business, leading relationships, clients, and projects on an ongoing basis.
• Oversee the full marketing and business development cycle – from communications, to lead generation and relationship building, to pitching and signing new business, to managing and strengthening relationships.
• Represent Portal A to the outside world as the external face of the company – at industry events and through participation in panels, thought leadership, writing, and more.
• Evolve Portal A’s existing sales and communications collateral, including pitch decks, video case studies, social advertising, etc.
• Oversee and expand upon Portal A’s existing lines of business and core offering, including sponsorship deals, additional services and capabilities, etc.
• 10-15 years minimum of business development, sales, marketing, and/or external partnerships experience.
• A passion for digital video, branded content, original entertainment, and a desire to help shape the future of the space.
• Experience proposing, structuring, negotiating, and closing deals to completion.
• A demonstrated ability to develop, lead, and execute on an advanced overall growth and sales strategy.
• The ability to speak fluently about the digital video and branded content space generally, along with creative services, digital strategy, emerging talent, content production, and more.
• Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills is a must.
• The ability to write and develop compelling memos, presentations, and proposals is a must.
• The desire to work with a fast-paced, collaborative team in a growing, startup environment.
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, full of creativity, characterized by optimism, curiosity, and a desire to innovate. Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and hard-working.
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and bonuses.
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage, commuter benefits, and more.
• Paid and flexible vacation and work-from-home policies.
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks.
• Weekly lunches catered on the company.
• Matching charitable donations at year-end.
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.).
• Fresh Portal A swag and gifts (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.).
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices.
• Reimbursed cell phone expenses.
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, references, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us.
Please include “HEAD OF MARKETING & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.