NOW HIRING: Head of Marketing and Business Development
Portal A is an award-winning digital studio that creates branded and original entertainment for a new generation.
We partner with the world’s leading brands – Google, YouTube, Clorox, Universal Pictures, Lenovo, Warner Bros., Amazon, and more – and develop and produce original series for linear and streaming platforms. Portal A is independently owned with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Our team is looking to hire a Head of Marketing and Business Development to oversee all sales, marketing, and business development efforts for the company.
• Work directly with company principals and leadership team to develop and oversee Portal A’s new business, marketing, and sales strategy.
• Build relationships and introduce Portal A to potential brand, platform, network, and agency partners. Maintain a book of business, leading relationships, clients, and projects on an ongoing basis.
• Oversee the full marketing and business development cycle – from company marketing and communications, to lead generation and relationship building, to pitching and signing new business, to managing and strengthening relationships.
• Represent Portal A to the outside world – at industry events and through participation in panels, thought leadership, and more.
• Improve upon Portal A’s existing sales and communications collateral, including pitch decks, video case studies, social ads, etc.
• Oversee and expand upon Portal A’s existing lines of business and core offering, including sponsorship deals, additional services and capabilities, etc.
• 10+ years minimum of business development, sales, marketing, and/or external partnerships experience.
• A passion for digital video, branded content, and a desire to help shape the future of the space.
• Experience reviewing, negotiating, and closing deals to completion.
• The ability to develop, lead, and execute on an advanced business development strategy.
• The ability to speak fluently about the digital video industry.
• The ability to speak confidently about creative services, digital strategy, emerging talent, and content production.
• Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills are a must.
• The ability to write excellent emails and proposals, and keep leads and contacts organized is a top priority.
• Experience working with business development and sales tracking software.
• The desire to work with a fast-paced, collaborative team in a growing, startup environment.
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, full of creativity, characterized by optimism, curiosity, and a desire to innovate. Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and hard-working.
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses.
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage, and commuter benefits.
• Paid and flexible vacation and work-from-home policies.
• A casual work environment.
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks.
• Weekly lunches catered on the company.
• Matching charitable donations at year-end.
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.).
• The freshest Portal A swag and gifts (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.).
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices.
• Reimbursed cell phone expenses.
How to apply
Email email@example.com with your resume, references, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us. Please include “HEAD OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.