NOW HIRING: Senior Creative (Los Angeles)
Portal A is an award-winning digital studio that develops, produces, and distributes video built for the digital age. We are independent with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
At Portal A, we produce breakthrough entertainment with the best talent on the internet for the biggest brands in the world – YouTube, Google, Lenovo, Amazon, Clorox, and more. Our in-house team of creatives, strategists, talent experts, producers, editors, and more push each other to produce our best work with each new project. We take on huge challenges, create without fear, and learn new things constantly.
We are looking for a full-time Senior Creative to join our kickass team in our downtown Los Angeles office. The right candidate is ambitious, collaborative, and an expert on all things digital entertainment.
• Creativity & Vision. Come up with big, adventurous ideas for video campaigns across genre and platforms. Take that vision and turn it into practice, manage the creative process for a project from start to finish.
• Leadership. Uphold that vision with confidence as you collaborate with other departments. Listen effectively and use the expertise from different departments to inform your work.
• Communication. Write with intention, clarity, and style for creative pitches, treatments, creative bibles, scripts, and more. Speak with authority and enthusiasm to share your ideas and perspective.
• Composure. Represent Portal A in external meetings, calls with clients, on set, and while working with outside parties (talent, influencers, writers, directors).
• Adaptability. Possess a can-do spirit and eagerness to jump in on any step of the process. Help out peers with copywriting, brainstorm creative solutions to unexpected problems, and swing at curveballs.
• Decisiveness. Make creative decisions with conviction, especially under pressure.
• You have 6-8 years experience. You’re no stranger to developing and creating branded video in the digital space. You’ve encountered challenges, learned from them, and bring that perspective to your work. On set experience or previous work with influencers is a plus.
• You are a creative thinker with a unique voice. You pitch ideas that are weird, unique, huge, and sometimes impossible. You can absorb a brief and strategic data, process it all, and come up with something high concept, smart, and inventive.
• You’re great on paper and in person. You’re a strong and capable writer. You communicate ideas and complex concepts with ease (and little jargon). You can pitch like a pro, lead a great meeting, and collaborate well with others.
• You are competent AND curious. From the state of the industry to the tools you need to create exceptional work, you know your shit. But even with all that knowledge, you’re still always trying to discover new things to stay ahead of the curve.
• You live and breathe internet culture. You can speak to shifts and trends in the world of social video. You’ve seen the latest video, post, or meme before any of your friends. You understand how to tailor a single message for a variety of platforms and formats.
• You’re ready to build something. You get invested in your projects, workplace, and colleagues. You feel passionate about building a world-class team and business through impactful creative work.
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• Our team structure is flat and non-hierarchical, with opportunities to grow into leadership and contribute at various layers of the process
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage and commuter benefits
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies, including multiple WFH days a month
• A casual work environment
• The chance to be at the forefront of one of the most dynamic, complex creative and strategic industries – original and commercial online video
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices
• Reimbursed cell phone expenses
How to apply
Email email@example.com with:
• Your resume. Duh.
• Samples of work. At least 3, please. Maybe it’s a branded video you’re especially proud of or the best deck you ever made. Show us what you got.
• Cover Letter. Tell us why you think you’re a fit for the role and how you heard about the position. Creativity encouraged.
• Links. Show us what you think is cool on the internet. Could be your favorite YouTube video of all time, a piece of branded content that surprised you, an Instagram account you can’t get enough of, or the best article you read last year.
Please include “SENIOR CREATIVE” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.