NOW HIRING: Senior Creative (LA)
PORTAL A is an award-winning content agency working with the most influential talent, brands, and platforms in the world.
At Portal A, we produce breakthrough entertainment with the best talent on the internet for the biggest brands in the world – YouTube, Google, Lenovo, Amazon, Clorox, and more. Our in-house team of creatives, strategists, talent experts, producers, editors, and more push each other to produce our best work with each new project. We take on huge challenges, create without fear, and learn new things constantly.
We are looking for a full-time Senior Creative to join our kickass team in our downtown Los Angeles office. The right candidate is a fire creative thinker with a heavy dose of leadership DNA and an expert on all things digital entertainment.
• Creativity & Vision. Come up with big, adventurous ideas for video campaigns across genre and platforms. Take ideas and turn them into practice, managing the creative process for a project from start to finish. Use vision to help push our offering forward, from ideating around new formats for branded content to coming up with fresh ways to partner with top talent.
• Leadership & Management. Work with a team of talented creatives to get the most out of their work, eventually managing your own team and department. Uphold a vision for high quality work with confidence as you collaborate with other departments.
• Communication. Write with intention, clarity, and style for creative pitches, treatments, creative bibles, scripts, and more. Speak with authority and enthusiasm to share your ideas and perspective.
• Composure. Represent Portal A in external meetings, calls with clients, on set, and while working with outside parties (talent, influencers, writers, directors).
• Adaptability. Possess a can-do spirit and eagerness to jump in on any step of the process. Help out peers with copywriting, brainstorm creative solutions to unexpected problems, and swing at curveballs.
• Decisiveness. Make creative decisions with conviction, especially under pressure.
• You have 6-10 years experience. You’re no stranger to developing and creating branded video in the digital space. You’ve encountered challenges, learned from them, and bring that perspective to your work. On set experience or previous work with influencers is a plus.
• You are a creative thinker with a unique voice. You pitch ideas that are weird, unique, huge, and sometimes impossible. You can absorb a brief and strategic data, process it all, and come up with something high concept, smart, and inventive.
• You’re a natural born leader. You empathize with your colleagues and understand what they need for them to do their best work. You set a vision for yourself and a team to rally around.
• You’re great on paper and in person. You’re a strong and capable writer. You communicate ideas and complex concepts with ease (and little jargon). You can pitch like a pro, lead a great meeting, and collaborate well with others.
• You are competent AND curious. From the state of the industry to the tools you need to create exceptional work, you know your shit. But even with all that knowledge, you’re still always trying to discover new things to stay ahead of the curve.
• You live and breathe internet culture. You can speak to shifts and trends in the world of social video. You’ve been the latest video, post, or meme before any of your friends. You understand how to tailor a single message for a variety of platforms and formats.
• You’re ready to build something. You get invested in your projects, workplace, and colleagues. You feel passionate about building a world-class team and business through impactful creative work.
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• The chance to be at the forefront of one of the most dynamic, complex creative and strategic industries – original and commercial online video
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage and commuter benefits
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices
• Reimbursed cell phone and health & wellness expenses
How to apply
Email email@example.com with:
• Your resume. Duh.
• Samples of work. At least 3, please. Maybe it’s a branded video you’re especially proud of or the best deck you ever made. Show us what you got.
• Cover Letter. Tell us why you think you’re a fit for the role and how you heard about the position. Creativity encouraged.
• Links. Show us what you think is cool on the internet. Could be your favorite YouTube video of all time, a piece of branded content that surprised you, an Instagram account you can’t get enough of, or the best article you read last year.
Please include “SENIOR CREATIVE” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.