NOW HIRING: Senior Project Manager (San Francisco)
PORTAL A is an award-winning digital studio that creates Branded and Original entertainment for a new generation.
Independently owned with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, Portal A works with top global brands and develops original programming for digital and linear networks.
Portal A’s work has been seen over 1 billion times, and was recently named Content Agency of the Year by Digiday and Content Studio of the year by Cynopsis.
Our team is looking for a full-time Senior Project Manager to join our team in our SF office. The right candidate is ambitious, collaborative, and a maker at heart.
Duties & Responsibilities
Your primary responsibility is to push our projects forward, becoming the backbone of the client relationship and collaboration across the wider team:
• You manage complex projects start-to-finish, from initial creative development through production, post-production, and launch
• You drive the program and the team, giving constructive direction to those working with you
• You make confident project decisions, and are smart and persuasive in bringing others along with you
• You don’t settle and spot opportunities for growing the project beyond the current job whilst demonstrating value for the client
• You facilitate flow of information between external partners and Portal A’s internal team of producers, creatives, and strategists to ensure the right people get the right information on time
• You manage project timelines and ensure timely approvals and feedback from external partners
• You collaborate with the team to make sure each project is tailored to the brand and brief
• You think big, take risks and push boundaries because you understand that this will lead to great work.
Experience & Capabilities
The right individual will have an 5+ years experience managing content across a variety of situations and challenges. Inter-departmental management experience is a significant plus, in addition to:
• Innate organizational and project management skills
• Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate complex ideas in clear, concise language
• Expertise in all aspects of creative development and production
• An ability to take ownership of projects and solve issues ahead of schedule, keeping the momentum of the work and positive team dynamics in high pressure situations
• An ability to balance the big picture with day-to-day project delivery detail, connecting client needs and internal resources, prioritizing workload for yourself and the team
• An ability to articulate and be assertive in presenting work and facilitating meetings alongside others
• A passion to uphold the quality of our work at all phases of a project
• Active and experienced in internet culture and digital entertainment, personally and/or professionally
• Open to new and different ways of working, rather than sticking to habit or comfortable processes – this is not the right job for a box ticker
• A team-player, open and receptive to the contributions of those around them and a healthy respect for experience of more senior team members
• Challenging the status quo, looking for new ways to push work forward in line with the brief and to positively challenge the client
• Making active contributions to the deeper strategic and creative conversations, strongly influencing process as well as content
• Never satisfied, stopping at nothing to do your best work
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• Our team structure is flat and non-hierarchical, with opportunities to grow into leadership and contribute at various layers of the process
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage and commuter benefits
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies, including multiple WFH days a month.
• A casual work environment
• The chance to be at the forefront of one of the most dynamic, complex creative and strategic industries – original and commercial online video
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices
• Reimbursed cell phone expenses
How to apply
Email email@example.com with your resume, references, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us. Please include “SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.