NOW HIRING: Strategist
Portal A is an award-winning digital studio that creates branded and original entertainment for a new generation.
Independently owned with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, Portal A works with top global brands and develops original programming for streaming networks.
Our team is looking for a full-time Strategist to join our team. The right candidate is ambitious, collaborative, and a maker at heart.
Your primary responsibility is to oversee the strategic components of our work across all stages of a project from pitching clients to optimizing content to reporting campaign results, with a robust understanding of analytics, platform best practices, and how strategy can inform creative.
• Act as lead Strategist on specific projects, working alongside other project leads to monitor and contribute to deliverables throughout development, launch, and reporting
• Pull and log data, auditing performance, and providing insights to improve our work internally as well as to give actionable takeaways to clients
• Work with the creative team on branded and original projects to map out programming and channel strategy
• Help provide team education through extensive research and knowledge of the digital space to keep our work at the vanguard of our industry
• Review content and oversee campaign launches to make sure that everything is fully optimized and up to FTC standards
• Review talent lists to ensure selected Creators will meet the client’s business objectives and maximize KPI’s
• Work with Creative, Production, and Post to lock down social content objectives and production guidelines
• Draft client and creator launch plans to give a complete overview of all Strategic variables
• Help evolve and adapt the Strategic capability to ensure the our work is thoughtful, bold, and streamlined
Experience and Capabilities
The right individual will have 3-5 years experience working in digital content creation, with a specific focus on strategy. Experience in digital marketing/advertising is a huge plus, in addition to:
• Innate organizational and project management skills
• Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate complex ideas in clear, concise language
• Expertise in all aspects of creative development and production
• An ability to take ownership of Strategy and solve issues ahead of schedule, keeping the momentum of the work and positive team dynamics in high pressure situations
• An ability to balance the big picture with day-to-day project delivery details, so that all areas of a project’s Strategy are accounted for both big and small
• An ability to articulate and be assertive in presenting work and facilitating meetings alongside others
• A passion to uphold the quality of our work at all phases of a project
• A penchant for reading numbers and knowing the underlying narrative that will help inform our creative
• Experience with Google Suite and Tubular Labs
• Active and experienced in internet culture and digital entertainment, personally and/or professionally
• Open to new and different ways of working, rather than sticking to habit or comfortable processes – this is not the right job for a box ticker
• A team-player, open and receptive to the contributions of those around them and a healthy respect for experience of more senior team members
• Challenging the status quo, looking for new ways to push work forward in line with the brief and to positively challenge the client
• Never satisfied, stopping at nothing to do your best work
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• Our team structure is flat and non-hierarchical, with opportunities to grow into leadership and contribute at various layers of the process
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage and commuter benefits
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies, including multiple WFH days a month
• A casual work environment
• The chance to be at the forefront of one of the most dynamic, complex creative and strategic industries – original and commercial online video
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices
• Reimbursed cell phone expenses
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, references, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us. Please include “STRATEGIST” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.